Tuesday, April 29, 2008

MPIX Meet-up Mentor, OH April 17-20

I had the privlidge to attend a weekend workshop with fellow MPIX forum members We had a blast! We had classes provided by Shannon and Stephanie Smith aka the Nerd Husband and Wife, lovingly refered to as the "Nerds". They are so professional and very informative, feeling very comfortable in front of a class and a camera, which was running the whole time, even when we were doing on locating shoots. Providing his video expertise was Chris Baldwin.

We had some beautiful models to work with that dressed in wedding dresses so we could practice lighting for bridal shoots, a newlywed couple were there dressed as bride and groom and we also had a couple of young teens that were very good sports allowing us to have "fun" with their poses.

I had the opportunity to work with an off-camera flash, that I was very pleased with the results. Since attending these workshops, my second, I have seen a definate inprovement in the quality of my work.

After four days, it was sad leaving friends we only knew through posts on a mutual forum, to being close friends. I am looking forward to the next one.








1 comment:

Lisa Walsh said...

That sounds like a great time!