Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I'm Thankful

I have been having some health problems for the past 2 1/2 months. Nothing serious...now. I had been having pain in my left armpit, because of swollen lymp nodes. They had ruled out breast cancer, after a sonogram and a mamogram, since breast cancer affects your lymph nodes. My Dr. told me he thought it is probably caused by a viral infection in my lymph nodes, that is treated with nothing, just waiting it out. Well after a month, I was still in the same boat as the previous month. Pain down my arm and swollen lymph nodes. My Dr. decided he needed to do a biopsy in my armpit to rule out Lymphoma.
On Tuesday April 22nd, I had surgery where he removed one lymph node leaving me with a 3 1/2 inch incision, and pain. After fearing the worst possible scenarios for 2 1/2 months, (you always think the worst), I went to the Dr. for my post op visit and got a clean bill of health. Halleluah!

1 comment:

Jim, "Homer" said...

I'm please to hear that your doing better. You must have been so relieved when the doctor gave you the clean bill of health. That's great news.